Welcome to Poly Land!
Opening Up an Existing Relationship
- 5 Imbalances Newly Polyamorous Couples Face – What imbalances in a relationship are fine when monogamous, but may cause trouble in an open relationship
- Best Practices for Negotiating Polyamorous Relationship Agreements – An overview of things to keep in mind when deciding what you want your relationships to look like
- What’s Mono/Poly?: A Basic Introduction A basic introduction to when one partner is polyamorous, and the other isn’t.
- Poly Road Testing for Responsible Travelers – So You Want to Open Your Relationship, What Next?
- 5 Steps to Feeling Safe and Secure in Polyamory — and Beyond! – Feeling secure in your relationships, not just for polyamorous folks.
- The Switcheroo: When Openers Become Benchwarmers – A piece dispelling some common misconceptions about polyamory
Tools for Polyamory
- 9 Steps for Having an Accountability Talk with a Partner When Things Go Wrong
- Polyamory Toolbox: The Good Roommate Standard – Finding the right social model for treating your partners kindly
- Help, I Don’t Like My Metamour! – What to Do When You Don’t Like Who Your Partner Dates
- Polyamory Toolbox: Wearing the Friend Hat
- PQ 3.2 – Polyamory and Boundaries, First Degree, Second Degree and Beyond
- Poly Debriefing #1: Compersion – Compersion is a state of empathetic happiness and joy experienced when an individual’s current or former romantic partner experiences happiness and joy through an outside source, including, but not limited to, another romantic interest.
- Compersion IS Empathy: Aiming for Joy – If you can consider a person’s success also your success, then it’s a lot easier to feel happy for someone.
- Building Others Up: Attacking Zero Sum Thinking at Its Source
- Poly-Sensitive: Compersion, Jealousy, All the Feels
Polyamory (n.) — The practice of participating simultaneously in more than one serious romantic or sexual relationship with the knowledge and consent of all partners